This 2014 iconic bass guitar is in fabulous condition. It has just one tiny mark at the side of the 12th fret that doesn’t affect playability in anyway. Apart from that it’s in pretty much mint condition. It plays wonderfully as you would expect . It comes complete with a gig bag
It can be shipped to any UK mainland address for £20
Uniquely styled with bold ‘70s curves, the Fender Starcaster shape returns in Bass form! This classic semi-hollow design briefly graced Fender’s prestigious history, and now that Fender have bought it back into production as a bass guitar- it is easy to see why.
The Starcaster is a semi-hollow bass which delivers great, characterful boxy tones within an electric bass. It’s a great compliment between an acoustic bass sound with benefits of electronics, and Fender’s heritage for great electric basses now extends to semi-hollow models too!
The Starcaster remains positively progressive with a comfortable C-shaped maple neck on a maple board; the Starcaster is extremely comfortable to play. Vintage touches like skirted knobs mix with modern features to form what will become a new modern classic for Fender – the Fender Starcaster Bass!
Here’s what Fender say about the Starcaster Bass
Fender introduces a new model of what is surely one of its rarest-ever instruments, the semi-hollow Starcaster Bass. Only a handful of prototype models appeared during the mid 1970s, unusually distinctive as the only offset semi-hollow bass guitar in Fender history (to say nothing of its two enormous humbucking pickups). After decades of virtually fabled status, the Starcaster Bass now reappears in electrifying Modern Player form with superior sound, build and beauty ideal for bassists with a flair for appealingly unconventional Fender style.
The Fender Starcaster Bass guitar’s thin semi-hollow offset body has a bound maple top and back, with stylish bound f-holes. A short-scale bass (30”), it has a “C”-shaped maple neck topped by the distinctively curvaceous Starcaster headstock, and a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and black-dot inlays. Other premium features include dual Fender Wide Range humbucking bass pickups with three-way toggle switching, four skirted “amp”-style control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup) and a four-saddle Fender Hi-Mass bridge. Available in gorgeous Natural, Black and Aged Cherry Burst gloss finishes.
- Model Name: Starcaster Bass, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0243302506
- Series: Modern Player
- Colour: Natural
- Body Material: Alder with Maple Top and Back
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Binding: Bound Top and Back
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Scale Length: 30″ (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625″ (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® “Wide Range” Humbucking Bass
- Neck Pickup: Fender® “Wide Range” Humbucking Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender® Hi-Mass
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs