Rare (slotted headstock) and very collectible 1970, Gibson EB3 bass. For a bass guitar that’s over 50 years old it’s in very good condition. The frets are in great shape. It has been modded including a bridge pick up replacement with a Fender Jazz bass one . The four-way rotary pickup selector switch has been replaced with a toggle switch. It’s very nice to play and is a sound investment for the future. It comes complete with the original case which again for a Gibson case that’s over 50 years old it’s in reasonable condition with all the catches working. The Bass was once owned by John Giblin of Simple Minds. Provenance is in the form of email communication Between John and a former owner. Extracts can be seen in the photo images. Whilst I am not suggesting that this increases the value it certainly is a nice piece of rock memorabilia. The provenance will be handed over with the bass. I’ve just had a just had a luthier check it over and all is well. It can be viewed and played in Preston Lancashire
It can be shipped to any UK mainland address for £20
We are a VAT registered family business run by musicians for musicians. All our pre-owned stock has been carefully sourced and thoroughly checked prior to dispatch. We endeavour accurately describe our guitars, but if you require further details/information do not hesitate to contact us
PLEASE READ OUR EXCELLENT FEEDBACK.
Prevoledguitars.co.uk – Sustainability
- All of our guitars, basses and equipment are pre-loved and pre-enjoyed
- All of our packaging materials are recycled (in fact we often re-cycle cycle boxes!)
- Our guitar studio is a recycled shipping container!
- We limit our travel by having our business premises within our own grounds
- We keep our grounds bio-diverse and promote animal, wildlife, butterfly & bee welfare
- We are pescatarians and shop sustainably supporting local businesses
- Our cottage is 400 years old and has housed many occupants
- As a band (BlokesandaBird) all of our material is recycled!! 🙂